It all depends on you.
Anyone, regardless of wealth or position, can make a difference. If you are able to give, there are many reasons to partner with the SDCF:
- Lasting. Your charitable wishes will be carried out in present and future generations because of our careful investment strategies.
- Trust. Gifts will always be administered in accordance with your wishes.
- Experience. Our professional staff and board of directors will work hard for you and our state.
- Effectiveness. Pooling gifts with other funds at the SDCF allows for opportunities to generate a higher rate of return on your gift—allowing it to reach more people.
- Flexibility. You can make contributions anytime and to charitable causes of your choice.
- Recognition. Unless you choose to be anonymous, your name will be honored forever.
- Tax Advantage. You'll receive the maximum tax benefit from a gift to the SDCF.
Our team is immersed, every day, in the world of charitable giving, and we share that knowledge with our donors. We report on areas of need. We give you context for larger charitable efforts. We even help you find other donors who share your goals and interests.
Find the right way to give
We'll connect you with the type of fund that best achieves your charitable goals. All SDCF funds are permanently endowed—meaning the principal of your gift is invested. Then earnings are made available to support the charitable causes you choose. Giving a charitable gift through a fund at the SDCF ensures the impact of your gift endures for generations.
Sorry, no funds were found matching those criteria.
The South Dakota Fund
The South Dakota Fund meets the diverse and vital needs of people across the state in the areas of education, health, human services, economic development and culture. Donors can establish a named fund within the South Dakota Fund to award grants in their family's name forever.
Growing For Good
Through our Growing for Good land management program, your land will continue to yield results and impact many for generations.
Field of Interest Funds
Field of Interest funds benefit areas of interest, specific issues, populations or geographic areas that interest the donor without identifying individual organizations.
Donor Advised Funds
Donor Advised Funds allow donors to recommend nonprofit organizations of their choice to be considered for grants each year.
Designated Funds benefit specific charitable organizations selected by donors when establishing the fund.
Scholarship Funds benefit South Dakota high school graduates pursuing higher education. Donors can define specific areas of focus for the scholarship.
Agency Endowment Funds
Agency Endowment Funds provide an ongoing revenue stream to support a nonprofit or academic institution's mission. Agency Endowment Funds are created by a nonprofit organization, but donors can make gifts to support their work.
Being a SDCF Legacy Society member connects you with other like-minded donors who are interested in improving South Dakota.
See a complete list of donors who have recently supported the SDCF.
Learn more about planned giving strategies to help your client give wisely.