Philanthropic goals matter.
We know you have your clients’ trust. We also know that a lot of your clients are generous people who want to leave a legacy. But, they’re also fiscally conscious—that’s why they came to you. They want to know that their charitable investments are handled just as well as their financial investments. At the South Dakota Community Foundation (SDCF), we make it easy for you and your clients to invest these gifts wisely.
If you have clients with ties to South Dakota, the SDCF is a great place to start their search for charitable giving. We help organizations that span the state, and gifts can be given in any amount. Most importantly, we are a stable, committed institution of financial professionals that you and your clients can rely on.
Work with someone you can trust.
If you’d like to learn more about giving through our foundation, explore how to create a fund or contact us to set up a meeting. We’ll go out of our way to prove our commitment to you and your clients.
Our staff will:
- Introduce your clients to a wide range of charitable giving options.
- Identify what type of fund best fits their philanthropic goals.
- Analyze the tax advantages associated with different charitable gifts.
- Partner with you and your clients to make charitable contributions a part of their overall estate plan.
- Pool their gift with all other SDCF contributions for investment purposes to maximize returns.
- File all grant, auditing and government reports for their fund.
Advantages of working with the SDCF:
- We accept many types of gifts including cash, commodities (grain and livestock), real estate, insurance and retirement benefits, and stocks and bonds.
- Donors receive the maximum tax benefit from a donation by utilizing a community foundation rather than a private foundation.
- We are the only community foundation in South Dakota with a statewide focus.
- No tax is imposed on investment income because of our public charity status.
- No minimum annual distribution from a fund is required.
- No setup fees are applied when establishing a fund with the SDCF, and our annual administration fee is an industry-low 1%.
- Quarterly fund statements will update your clients on the status of their funds.
Create a Fund
Creating a fund allows a donor to leave a lasting impact.
We responsibly invest and guide investment strategy to protect and grow funds.
Explore our existing funds to find a place to donate.
Learn more about planned giving strategies to help your client give wisely.