Register for the 2nd Annual SD Day of Giving
Do you want to win $2,000 for your Community Savings Account on SD Day of Giving? Participate in the #SDCFGives Challenge!
The 2nd annual SD Day of Giving is almost here! To celebrate, the South Dakota Community Foundation is excited to give away $10,000 to our partner community savings accounts (CSA) and one South Dakota nonprofit.
Four (4) grants of $2,000 will be given to partner CSAs regionally that meet the challenge requirements and are drawn on the SD Day of Giving! $1,000 will be invested in the CSA’s endowment with SDCF and $1,000 will be made spendable for the CSA to grant to local nonprofits in their next grant cycle. We will end the day with one (1) $2,000 grant being awarded to a South Dakota nonprofit drawn from nonprofits nominated by our CSA partners.
Does your CSA want to participate? Here's how! Register online with South Dakota Gives, and follow our complete guidelines for participation.
CSA Participation Guidelines
To enter for your chance to win $2,000 for your CSA, please complete each step below.
- Register your CSA with South Dakota Gives online here. Registration deadline is Thursday, October 10.
- Raise $500 in new money for your CSA by the time of your regional drawing on Tuesday, Dec. 3rd listed below. Fundraising begins September 25th, 2019.
- Publish one Facebook post including #SDCFGives and tag SDCF on or before the SD Day of Giving.
- Sample Facebook Posts:
- We partner with the @SDCommunityFoundation in creating a long term funding source for charitable causes in our community. Learn more about us here: [insert link to CSA site] #SDCFGives #ForSouthDakota
- We partner with the @SDCommunityFoundation in creating a long term funding source for charitable causes in our community. We nominate @[insert nonprofit nominee] to be entered for the SDCF statewide drawing on the SD Day of Giving! Learn more about us here: [insert link to CSA site] #SDCFGives #ForSouthDakota
- Sample Facebook Posts:
- Contact Jamie Farmen (email@example.com) or tag SDCF with your CSAs nomination of a nonprofit in your area to be entered for the statewide drawing on SD Day of Giving! One nonprofit nominated per CSA.
CSA will determine criteria for nomination. Nonprofit must be a verified 501c3 or the CSA will have the charitable group provide a grant acceptance policy and a grant application.
Prize money will be awarded to winning CSAs after SDCF verifies above eligibilities were followed.
Tune in on Facebook for Live Feeds of Prize Money Drawings!
Tune in on Facebook during the time listed below that applies to your location:
- 4:30 p.m. CT-Northeast
- 5 p.m. CT-Southeast
- 5:30 p.m. CT-Central
- 5 p.m. MT/6 p.m. CT-Western
- 7 p.m. MT/8 p.m. CT-South Dakota Statewide Nonprofit Grant Drawing at Pierre SDCF office