Find Funds in Your Backyard

If your community has a Community Savings Account (CSA) with the SDCF, you can also apply for funding from them. Because your local CSA board has control over their own funds, you'll need to apply to them directly and follow their grant application guidelines. Here are a few things to consider before you reach out to them.

Basic Eligibility

  • Applicants should be a public, nonprofit organization as defined by IRS Publication 78. If you are not certified, you may still be eligible for a Local CSA Grant by completing a grant acceptance policy. We encourage you to contact us if you think you may need this exception.
  • The SDCF does not make grants in support of political campaigns, discriminatory practices, or for personal gain.
  • The grant needs to fund a project within the state of South Dakota. Local CSAs may have additional regulations.

Get in Touch

Do you know how to contact your Local CSA? You can find your local CSA through our online database. Or call us at 800.888.1842 to get connected with your local CSA representative.

There is no central CSA application for CSA grants, but you can use this sample CSA grant application (PDF) to get a sense for the information you'll need. When you contact your local CSA, they will provide you with the official application and any related documents you might need.

In 2013, CSAs contributed over $700,000 through grants to 310 nonprofit groups and organizations. Find your local CSA.