The Coronavirus Impact
The Coronavirus has impacted all aspects of our lives. Nothing is the same. So, it should not be surprising that we hit "pause" and reflected on ways we could loosen restrictions and respond to your immediate needs in a timely manner.
In the past, the South Dakota Fund grants focused on economic development, human services, health education and cultural programs. Community Innnovation Grants supported community problem-solving projects. Due to the rapidly changing circummstances, we are reprioritizing grantmaking efforts to focus on requests dealing with the Coronavirus, and its impact on nonprofit organizations and those you serve.
To that end, to make applying for funds as easy as possible:
- We have set aside many of our traditional Gratmaking Guidelines during this time.
- We will only be accepting applications in eGrant through our South Dakota Fund grant program.
- All requests should focus on your organization's efforts to address issues brought about by the Coronavirus.
- Answer each question as it relates to the impact the Coronavirus is having on your organization.
- $20,000 is the maximum amount that may be requested.
- We will consider grants for general operating funds on a case-by-case basis.
- Applicants should be a public, nonprofit organization as defined by IRS Publication 78. You can also work with a verified fiscal sponsor who can receive funds on your behalf.
- The SDCF does not make grants in support of political campaigns, discriminatory practices, or for personal gain.
Before you start the application, view our sample application (PDF). This will help you ensure that you have all you'll need for a formal application. Then visit our online application to begin your grant application. If you've previously submitted a grant application to the SDCF, visit eGrant to submit an application.
We are all in this together and want to provide as much support for your organization as possible. Stay safe and thank you for all you do to strengthen our state.
Have a Question?
SDCF has temporarily set aside many of our Grantmaking Guidelines in order to respond to the Coronavirus.
The steps and resources you need to complete your SD Fund Grant Application.
Roughly 70 grants totaling between $400,000–$500,000 are granted through the South Dakota Fund annually.