SD Giving Tuesday with SDCF
SDCF to Award $10,000 to Partner Community Savings Accounts and One South Dakota Nonprofit on SD Day of Giving
The 2nd annual SD Day of Giving is almost here!
To celebrate, the South Dakota Community Foundation is excited to give away $10,000 in grant funds to our partner community savings accounts (CSA) and one South Dakota nonprofit. CSAs can participate through the #SDCFGives Challenge!
- We’re giving four grants of $2,000 to CSAs that meet our #SDCFGives challenge requirements that will be drawn on December 3rd—also known as Giving Tuesday.
- $1,000 of the funds will be invested in the CSA’s endowment with SDCF, and the other $1,000 will be available for the CSA to grant local nonprofits in their next grant cycle.
- One lucky participating nonprofit, nominated by our CSA partners, will win a $2,000 grant!
CSA Participation Guidelines
To enter for your chance to win, please complete each step below. Prize money will only be awarded to winning CSAs after the SDCF verifies that the criteria listed below have been met.
- Register your CSA with South Dakota Gives online here. Registration deadline is Thursday, October 10.
- Raise $500 in new money for your CSA by the time of your regional drawing on Tuesday, Dec. 3rd listed below.
- Publish one Facebook post including #SDCFGives and tag SDCF on or before the SD Day of Giving.
- Sample Facebook Posts:
- We partner with the @SDCommunityFoundation in creating a long term funding source for charitable causes in our community. Learn more about us here: [insert link to CSA site] #SDCFGives #ForSouthDakota
- We partner with the @SDCommunityFoundation in creating a long term funding source for charitable causes in our community. We nominate @[insert nonprofit nominee] to be entered for the SDCF statewide drawing on the SD Day of Giving! Learn more about us here: [insert link to CSA site] #SDCFGives #ForSouthDakota
- Sample Facebook Posts:
- Contact Jamie Farmen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or tag SDCF with your CSAs nomination of a nonprofit in your area to be entered for the statewide drawing on SD Day of Giving! One nonprofit nominated per CSA.
The Day of the Drawings: Giving Tuesday December 3rd
The SD Day of Giving will officially take place on Giving Tuesday, December 3rd. All drawings will be live on the SDCF Facebook page. If you haven’t already, follow us on Facebook so you won’t miss a minute of the charitable action!
Tune in during the time listed below that applies to your CSA location:
- 4:30 p.m. CT-Northeast
- 5 p.m. CT-Southeast
- 5:30 p.m. CT-Central
- 5 p.m. MT/6 p.m. CT-Western
- 7 p.m. MT/8 p.m. CT-South Dakota Statewide Nonprofit Grant Drawing at Pierre SDCF office
Reach out to us if you have any questions!